Friday, May 15, 2009

Lou Barlow is a genius.

Lately I've been on a kick of tracking down music that I used to listen to in High School (early to mid 90's) and I decided to look around for some Sebadoh torrents. That also reminded me of his other band Folk Implosion, but it also hipped me to a lot of other things he's been doing as well.

His latest project (2005) is a solo album of covers called Emoh. I checked out Youtube before I bothered with a 1gig torrent and was pleasantly surprised (read: blown the fuck away) to find him doing a cover of Ratt's Round-n-Round.

Anyone familiar with Lou Barlow and Ratt know that the two aren't even part of the same species. Knowing Lou's style of music, I wouldn't have even guessed that he had even heard a Ratt song much less went so far as to do a cover of one.

Anyways, enough of the talking. Check out the video. This is no longer a Ratt song.



I'll post some yoyo stuff later today or over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment